25 Jan The Demand for Broadband is Growing
Much like filing U.S. taxes before the April 15th deadline, most shoppers will postpone their shopping until the very last minute.
Although this might seem to be a frantic way to shop, there are some advantages to this method: 1) Fewer crowds to deal with, and 2) In most cases, better bargains to be had.
There is another way to shop for your gifts–shop from the comfort of your own home. You may be asking, “How can I do this?” The most obvious answer is with your laptop and a solid Internet connection. Using these two things, you can visit the webite of your favorite store, click on the items you wish to purchase, make your payment, confirm the shipping address, and hit “Submit.” In some cases, they’ll even do the gift wrap (usually at a small additional cost). It’s that easy.
If you’re on the go, you can even shop online through your wireless device or Smartphone. As was previously mentioned, however, a key factor in doing this is having a solid Internet connection. We are dependent upon getting this from our telecom provider. In fact, according to a recent research report released recently, the demand for a solid Internet connection is growing stronger by the day.
This report is entitled the “Broadband Access & Services in the Home 2015,” which was published by the Leichtman Research Group. Some of the crucial findings reported are:
- 81% of U.S. households possess a broadband connection at their residence, which represents a 26% year-over-year growth rate.
- 69% of U.S. adults access the Internet (for things like online shopping) from their Smartphones, which represents a 44% year-over-year growth rate.
- 78% of U.S. consumers have both a broadband connection at their residence and on their Smartphones.
- 3.5% of U.S. households possess either an iPad or a tablet.
- 68% of U.S. households also get Internet based TV with their broadband connection.
GeoTel Communications, LLC, provides fiber route maps that help businesses visualize telecom data and locate fiber for predictive analytics and location based intelligence. If interested in obtaining these datasets, call (800) 277-2172.